LifePath Home Health
Our newest program, LifePath Home Health, is bringing the Hospice tradition of quality, compassionate care to home health services. LifePath services are specially designed for patients with dementia, cancer, and other serious illnesses with limited life expectancies who aren’t ready for hospice, but needed medical services at home. Services include:
- Skilled nursing visits – scheduled and around-the-clock on-call – to teach about medications, provide hands-on care like dressing changes, and help teach patients and their caregivers how to provide their own care.
- Physical therapy services include home visits to help restore balance, range of motion and endurance; improve patients’ ability to walk or get up and down; and help determine any needed home modifications.
- Occupational therapy services help patients gain more independence in bathing, dressing and other daily living activities; and help establish daily routines for important living tasks.
- Speech therapy services help restore the ability to swallow safely and help improve the ability to communicate.
- Home health aide services include loving personal care such as bathing, help with household mobility and assistance with other daily activities.
- Social work services help patients and families resolve social and emotional issues that affect recovery, help arrange for community resources and help with advance planning documents.
There are many advantages of LifePath Home Health:
- Patients are able to recover in familiar surroundings
- LifePath services can reduce the length of a hospital stay by getting patients home sooner
- Re-hospitalizations are often prevented
- Greater independence is frequently achieved
- Nursing home stays can often be avoided through our care
Eligibility for home health services require the attending physician’s orders, a need for the skilled care of a nurse or therapist, and that a person be considered homebound, requiring a taxing effort to leave the home.
Payment for services are usually reimbursed by health insurance such as Medicare and Medicaid. No patient is ever turned away due to inability to pay. Just call 24 hours a day to 336-532-0100 or 800-588-8879 for more information.